Friday, March 13, 2009

Assignment 8 - Photogenic


1: Immediate Response: Immediate response to this picture would be it's one of the better photos taken that day! There are subtle values in shadow in the photo and the pose does a fairly good job in utilizing those shadows. There could have been a few darker values other than my hair, though.


2: Objective Description: A girl (me, myself, and I, as per the assignment) strikes a pose for a quick snapshot. Her black hair has multiple streaks of pink, blue, green and purple and is in a punky-straight style.


3: Formal Matters: In the photo, I am a little centered, but the pose I'm in slightly takes away from that. The shadows could be a little more pronounced if the photo hadn't been taken on a cloudy day. The slightly blurred shapes in the background only seem to help enhance the focus on the subject (in this case, me).


4: The Story It Tells: A Little Bit of Flirty Fun: After going to my first and only class for the day, I decide it's time to spruce up a bit. Going to the bathroom, i do up the "do" and pop the eyes and voila! Picture time! Strike a pose and let it flash! It's time to update the Myspace page, so let's upload the photo. Uh-oh, no time! Some friends are here and they're hungry. Let's take a break and grab a snack. We'll do our work later!


5: The Work in the World: I am happy to note that many of Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres has much the same values in shadow as my photo. Some of them, however, do have more of a chiaroscuro contrast (though in color and/or pencil). His portraits seem to have more feeling in them than my picture, though. Guess I need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment